Saturday, May 31, 2008

First day in Christchurch



I arrived! And it only took 34 hours of travel time (including connection times waiting and time zone changes). 
We visited the heart of the city: The Arts Center, a Maori history museum (where I learned a lot about culture and the kiwi bird!), Christchurch Cathedral, the Avon River and more. The area is beautiful-green hills surrounded by snow capped mountains.
Above are some pictures from the first day while sitting at a cafe in front of the Arts Center.



6 comments:

Audrey and Mike said...

Wow ... pictures already! So glad that you made it safely. I'd love to be having tea with you at that cafe. Tell your host family hello from all of us in Georgia (where, I might add, it is hot and humid at this moment!).

joe said...

Great pictures and it all sounds wonderful. Can't believe just last week we were all at the wedding.

Blaine and Kate said...

Hey Morgan. You don't know me but I went to Mississippi State with Michelle Macdonald. My husband and I have been living in ChCh for the last 2 years. It is fabulous here. I can tell you have friends here and support but if you ever needed anything feel free to call. Kate and Blaine Totty
337-2110
We have an extra car if you want to learn how to drive on the left side of the road!

Aaron said...

glad your blogging. i look forward to reading about your trip.

joe said...

Hi Morgan, Thanks for the pics!So nice to see all you are seeing. I loved the word translations--and all the descriptions of school there. It made me want to go somewhere different again! We miss you here but have fun and learn lots of stuff--some of it even related to teaching. :) Miss you, Liz

ekambavanan said...

dear friend,i saw ur blog.very nice you,newzealand and photos...my blog; ekambavanan
my e mail id; vanancinema@yahoo.co.in
thanx