Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Taylor's Mistake & Sumner Beach
















Fiona has been wonderful and has taken me to see great parts of the city. The few days after I arrived were slightly grey, but the sights were still amazing. This lookout above is from Sumner Beach, with Christchurch city in the background. No way did I go in the water! It was too cold...but I climbed a neat rock (called Cave Rock-there is a cave you can walk through during low tide). 
We then traveled to another popular summer beach spot...called Taylor's Mistake. The sand was black and white. The beach is set apart in a bay-surrounded by hills and cliffs. Directly opposite from the beach in the hills were the first sheep I saw in New Zealand...just grazing along the road (Shout out to you dad, I fortunately have come in contact with more people than sheep!)





1 comment:

Stephen said...

I wonder why it is called Taylor's Mistake. I wish I lived in a Posh neighborhood with a posh sports car.

Looks like you are enjoying it an experiencing the culture, cheers.