Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fiji: Day 3: Evan Arrives!

The 50 day absence was over. Evan finally arrived today, and I was definitely ready to see him. I was worried that he would not make it to the Resort, but he made it just fine. Unfortunately, his luggage did not; it had been left in L.A.  Despite that, we had a wonderful day. We tramped through Nanuya Lailai Island to reach the filming location of Blue Lagoon, with Brooke Shields. Although I had not seen the movie, Mallary confessed that our beach spot looked just like the set in the film.  In the morning, Mallary and I visited the Sawailau Caves. It was slightly unnerving to hold my breath and go underwater with only a snorkel into an underwater cave. I only had the light of my guide's torch (flashlight) to follow. But, I made it! I was so disappointed when my pictures from my underwater camera developed underexposed. I guess the cave was too dark. 
Anyway, Queen and Deborah announced the night activity as "cross-dressing" and they arrived to dinner in their favorite outfits. Although none of the guests brought or wore attire appropriate for the theme, Queen and Deborah did teach us some traditional Fijian dances after serving us dinner. 

Views along the path to Blue Lagoon.

Blue Lagoon.

Blue Lagoon.

Blue Lagoon.

Catching up on lost time.

Dinner is served! We often had rice with an assortment of vegetables and sometimes fish or chicken. The best thing to do when eating in Fiji is to never question or think about what you are eating; it tastes a lot better and you save yourself heaps of time you might have spent worrying. 

Dancing one of the many "Bula" dances we learned. This is one of my friends from Ireland. 

Together again.

Queen & Deborah never miss a photo moment!

No comments: