Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fiji: Day 4: Sunrise Resort to Wanna Taki

We woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise at Sunrise Resort. We weren't sure when the sun came up, so we waited for about 45 minutes, but when it finally came, it was spectacular. We had the morning to enjoy Nanuya Lailai, the island we stayed on, until the Yasawa Flyer came to pick us up and take us to the Wanna Taki Cruise, where we would stay for the next 2 days. 

Enjoying the morning sunrise. We then decided to take a walk on the beach. 

Looking down shore.

This is the what our resort looks like. The huts backed up right to the water. Despite the wind coming off the water, it was quite a wonderful place! 

Mallary snapped her favorite type of photo: a candid. Evan had brought my birthday present with him to Fiji for me to enjoy. We flipped through the pages together after breakfast.

This is Moses. He was so helpful in breaking open a coconut for me to enjoy. He made it look so easy, but I had tried multiple times to open one on my own, and I was never successful. After he got out the outer shell open, he then tied a strip of palm leaf in a circle, on which he rested the coconut seed. He then chopped open the coconut with his bare hand!

A shipwrecked sailboat along the shore.

We enjoyed the coconut Moses opened for us. I drank the milk from the tiny hole at the top of my coconut, while Evan ate the flesh that Moses had peeled out.

When we arrived on Wanna Taki Cruise, we were greeted with dancing, singing, and free cocktails! Fijians are so friendly!

That night the Wanna Taki staff hosted many games for everyone on board. We raced hermit crabs, played musical chairs, and did the limbo. Evan won musical chairs and I tied for 1st on the Limbo. 



No comments: